- You look fabulous all the time darling. You wake up and have amazing lashes. This means you can wear zilch eye makeup and still look like a Victoria’s Secret model.
- They save time on makeup. Like mentioned above, it drastically reduces any makeup time!
- They’re affordable. Compared to mascara and eye makeup you’d probably come out even, ahead if you get your lashes tinted!
- Time. They take time to apply and if you’re a bit claustrophobic it probably isn’t the thing for you. You lay on a massage bed for up to 60 minutes with your eyes taped shut. It’s really not bad, no different to getting a facial, but if it’s something to consider for you, factor it in.
- Fragility. Sometimes you just really want to wash your eyes. When you have extensions you really need to be careful to not rub the eyes too much as you will pull out some of the lashes.
- Diversity. Because of the above, it’s difficult to rock any heavy eye makeup looks with extensions to avoid ruining the lashes when taking off that killer smokey eye.
- Durability. They look fantastic when you first walk out of the salon but like any extension 4-6 weeks later when you’re due for an infill you tend to look a bit crazy cat lady.
Extensions are perfect in the warmer months when you want to walk around with the perfect beachside ‘just woke up like this’ effortless glamour. They’re also great for anyone wanting a quick morning routine. If you love to rock a heavy eye look and experiment with different mascara and liner they might be more hassle than they’re worth.