For the tops, feel free to make your own pastry or (if you’re like me and want something quick!) opt for frozen pastry sheets.
You could even add rhubarb to the mix for an extra tang!
Food Fix Friday: Single Serve Apple Pie
For each mini apple pie:
- 1 Apple; peeled and roughly cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- A sheet or two of shortcrust pastry to work your magic
- Mix the apples, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a bowl and make sure they're all coated.
- Use the base or lid of the jar to cut out a circle of pastry and place it at the bottom of the jar.
- Fill the jar up (squeeze as much as you can inside as the apple pieces will shrink when baking!)
- Pop in your teaspoon of butter and then decorate the top either with a lattice design and twisted outside like our example or a straight over the top disc if you want something quick, delicious and easy!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 180 degree celcius oven, serve with copious amounts of ice cream and enjoy!