I’m personally a big fan of carbs that disguise themselves as salads. Especially carbs of the potato variety. A great side that can be scaled to any party size from one (with leftovers! Pace yourself young one!) to a table worthy of a KFC commercial this baby is super simply to make in bulk and pleases even the most fussy of eaters.
Here’s my recipe for a quick, easy and go-back-for-seconds-worthy potato salad that tastes delicious (even for us non-Mayo fans!) and is ready in a whip!
How to Make a Rocking Potato Salad
- 500g Small, washed potatoes - cut into approx 3cm cubes
- 4 Slices Bacon, diced
- 3 Stalks Shallots, sliced into 5mm pieces
- 2 tbsp Aioli
- 1 tbsp Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- Boil your potato pieces until tender, don't make them too tender however, as they'll just crumple when you stir the other ingredients through. Just tender enough to poke them without too much force with a fork. (I know, I should have my own cooking show really..)
- As your potatoes are boiling, fry up your bacon until crispy!
- When boiled, drain the potatoes away and add your mayonnaise and aioli. Mix through so that all of your potatoes are covered.
- Add your bacon and shallots. Mix through to combine and run away with your salad. No sharing!