From the creators of Jiuliano Pasta (the pasta that supplies some of Australia’s best restaurants, cafes and hotels) comes the answer to all your weeknight pasta feast dreams. Pasta e Sugo, situated in Westfield Bondi Junction offers eat in and take home pastas from gnocchi to fettucine, spaghetti to cannoli.
This is food that I grew up with and now we’re making it available to all people either to eat in or take home and share with family and friends in the true Italian tradition.
Pasta e Sugo’s pasta is created fresh daily by their master pastamaker, Ricky Giulano. Traditional antipasti dishes are also available as well as mouth-watering desserts.
Keen to try one of their dishes but not close to Bondi? They’ve kindly shared their Fettuccine Marinara below to keep you going!
Perfect Pasta by Pasta e Sugo
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil, plus extra to toss
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 x 410g crushed tomatoes
- 500g fettucine or spaghetti
- 300g calamari cleaned and cut into rings
- 16 medium size prawns, shelled and deveined
- 16 black mussels, washed, de-bearded
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup fish stock or water (chicken stock can also be used)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden, add stock, paste and crushed tomatoes, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Season well.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and toss in a little olive oil.
- Add calamari, prawns and mussels to tomato sauce, cover with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat, discarding any mussels that do not open.
- Stir in parsley, then toss the sauce through the pasta and serve.