A great one to get the kids involved in (especially the icing and eating part!) they’re a great recipe to whip up when you’re expecting guests or just a great morning tea for one for a week!
Create these favourites yourself and get creative with the icing to give them your own signature style just for Mum!
Something Sweet: Iced Finger Buns
1.5 hours minutes
15 minutes minutes
- 30g Yeast
- 375ml Warm Milk (as to not kill the yeast)
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 90g Butter, at room temperature and cubed
- 600g Plain Flour
- 200g Sultanas
- 400g Icing Sugar
- 60g Butter, melted
- 220g Desiccated Coconut
- Pour the yeast into the warm milk, stir softly to dissolve.
- In a large bowl combine the milk mixture with the sugar, egg, vanilla extract, honey, butter, sultanas and flour and using a dough hook or your hands combine until an elastic dough forms.
- Cover with clingwrap and set in a warm spot to prove for 1 hour or until it's doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray (or two if you have room) with baking paper.
- On a lightly floured surface pour the dough and divide it into 10 equal balls. Roll them out to a sausage (or finger bun) shape and pop into your trays. Let them sit for another 30 minutes to rise slightly again.
- Bake your buns for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cool on a wire rack.
- For your icing sift the sugar, add the melted butter and combine. Continue to stir and add a teaspoon of water at a time until you get a thick but spreadable consistency. Mix through a drop of your favourite food colouring.
- Coat each bun with the icing and sprinkle lots of coconut (you can add a drop of colouring to it too) on top! Enjoy all of them in one hit!