ANZAC biscuits are just another reason I love the day so much! Here’s my recipe for super gooey and moist ANZAC biscuits that I’ve passed on to my friends and family, even Eivind’s mum has it over in Norway – yep I’ve got it in Norwegian too if anyone wants it?
It’s a really easy recipe mixing dry ingredients and wet ingredients and shoving them in an oven for 15 minutes. A great one to try with the kids (if you’re into that kind of thing!)
Super Gooey Anzac Biscuits
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Coconut
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 125g Butter
- 2 Tbs Golden Syrup
- 2 Tbs Water
- 1 Tsp Bi-carb Soda
- Mix your dry products – flour, oats, coconut and sugar in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the golden syrup and water.
- Once the liquid ingredients are combined add the bicarb soda and continue to stir as it reacts.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and combine.
- Roll sections of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Placing them on a lined baking tray 5 cm apart from each other.
- Bake in the oven on 160c for 10-12 minutes until golden and smelling amazing. Allow to cool for 5 mins (if you can wait that long) and then dig in!