The top music streaming app analysed listening data from all of the Eurovision entries for 2016 and has predicted the winner to be hosting country Sweden, there’s just no stopping those Scandi’s that have taken out 3 of the last 5 wins.
This prediction is based on the Swedish pop track being streamed over 30 million times globally – that’s more than any song by The Beatles or even ABBA’s Eurovision winner Waterloo.
Wondering how the wanna-be Euro entry for Australia is going to go? Spotify predicts Dami Im’s ballad will stay a steady 5th the same position Guy Sebastian took out in Australia’s Eurovision debut last year.
- Sweden: “If I Were Sorry” – Frans
- France: “J’ai cherché” – Amir
- Russia: “You Are the Only One” – Sergey Lazarev
- Spain: “Say Yay!” – Barei
- Australia: “Sound of Silence” – Dami Im
- Bulgaria: “If Love Was a Crime” – Poli Genova
- Italy: “No Degree of Separation” – Francesca Michielin
- Denmark: “Soldiers of Love” – Lighthouse X
- Netherlands: “Slow Down” – Douwe Bob
- Malta: “Walk on Water” – Ira Losco
Want to make up your own mind? Check out the top 10 predicted tracks below!